This is a skilled position. A journeyman plumber works independently to coordinate, execute, maintain, repair, and install all types of plumbing equipment, domestic water systems, sewer systems, and related devices. Perform preventative maintenance, inspections, and repairs; responds to emergency plumbing calls and maintain and repair all-natural gas services, including valves.
Duties and responsibilities
- Know how to establish customer rapport to ensure the highest levels of satisfaction
- Present yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business
- Participate actively in all formal exercises and on-the-job training
· Coordinate, troubleshoot, repair, inspect and maintain plumbing equipment including, but not limited to, faucets, lavatories, toilets, flush valves, sinks, water heaters, drinking fountains, domestic water heaters and boilers, garbage disposals, backflow devices, valves, and water meters
· Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs in district facilities, including, but not limited to, domestic water systems and related tools and sanitary waste drainage.
· Repair or replace water lines, domestic recirculation lines, and sewer lines.
· Respond to emergency plumbing calls such as clogged drains, broken water lines, frozen pipes, gas odors, and possible gas leaks. Evaluate the situation and take proper corrective action.
· Install new plumbing fixtures including, but not limited to, sinks, commodes, urinals, faucets, drinking fountains, garbage disposals, domestic water heaters, and related devices.
· Provide labor and material estimates related to plumbing for small remodel projects. Coordinate inspections for contractor performed work in renovations and new construction projects
· Maintain and repair all-natural gas services, including valves.
· Recommend repair needs to eliminate ongoing and future repairs potentially.
· May assist other trades with piping and repair issues.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license with a clean, safe driving record
- Four years or more of experience.
- Self-motivated and highly reliable
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Acceptable Driving Record
- Pass Background and Drug Check
- Able to arrive in Vallejo within 45 minutes from the time called
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Indoor, office environment, and outdoor environment, with climate changes.
- Includes travel to conduct work.
- Able to lift and carry over 70 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to see for the purpose of reading laws and codes, rules and policies, and other printed matter.
- Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels.
- Ability to communicate so others will be able to understand a regular conversation clearly.
- Ability to bend and twist, sit, stoop, kneel, push, pull, and crawl.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Advanced knowledge of plumbing codes and regulations.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in an area of certification before advancement to this level.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals.
- Advanced knowledge of general plumbing repair and maintenance equipment and efficient use of repair parts and tools required for hire.
- Ability to read, write, and do math calculations at a level necessary to perform the duties of the position
- Advanced ability to perform skilled work in the maintenance and repair of plumbing fixtures and related equipment associated with the plumbing trade, use tools and equipment in a safe skillful manner, and interpret and work from plans, diagrams, and specifications